Winter weather can make driving a challenge for anyone on the road but it is especially challenging for long distance truck drivers. You want your drivers to stay safe and warm all winter long and so do we.
Below are our top 5 tips to keep your drivers safe:
- Drive slow; you’ll have more time to react if trouble presents itself.
- If it is snowing or sleeting, be sure to keep both hands on the wheel so you can maintain control.
- Don’t tailgate; when the weather is bad, increase your following distance.
- Use caution on elevated surfaces such as bridges and overpasses because they freeze faster.
- Make sure you have plenty of essentials on hand, such as:
- Extra Warm Clothes
- Jumper Cables
- Tire Chains
- Snow Scrapers & Brushes
One of the things we enjoy most about working with our clients is helping them utilize their GPS tracking solutions to keep their entire fleet of drivers safe from harm. If we can be of any service, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.hello