Our GPS system provides your company with valuable information that will allow you to improve driver behavior. Not only will this have a direct result in saving your organization costs, but more importantly, it improves the safety of your fleet!
Driver safety is accomplished by changing each driver’s behavior in regards to the speed that they travel and how they drive the vehicle.
Our GPS unit captures the speed of vehicles and its accelerometer captures the acceleration-based events that occur throughout the driver’s day.
The unit reports in the speed as the vehicle is traveling. There are two different kinds of alerts you can choose from. They are:
- Max Speed Alert – This allows you to set a maximum speed threshold. When this threshold is tripped, an email alert will be sent out. Most companies set this at 70 or 75mph depending on the area your fleet mainly travels.
- Posted Speed – You can also choose the amount over the posted speed that you want to receive alerts. For example: + 10 mph over the posted speed. The system will compare the speed readings it received from the unit to the roads posted speed and send out the alert when the threshold is tripped.
The unit can determine when the driver is either hitting the gas pedal or brake too hard or is going fast/hard around a corner. These levels are pre-set at a level where normal driving does not trigger the event.
- Hard Acceleration – occurs when the driver hits the gas pedal too hard and can also occur when traveling UP a steep hill (i.e. if the driver is going up a steep hill, this can be normal)
- Hard Braking – under normal driving, this should not occur. The driver should be paying attention to the traffic flow and traffic lights. We’ll capture it they slam on the brakes.
- Hard Left & Hard Right – this is when the vehicle takes a corner fast.
The combination of these two driver behavior related alerts will allow you to improve the driving habits of your employees and its direct effect on maintenance costs & fuel savings will improve your bottom line. As a bonus, it also reduces the chance of speeding tickets and fender benders which keeps your drivers safe.
Not familiar with these features? Give us a call to learn more about all the valuable business tools that are a part of our GPS system!hello